Smarties Early Learning Centre is a brand new, purpose-built Early Learning Centre that is family-owned and operated, catering for children from 0 to 6 years old.
The centre will be conveniently located in the newly redeveloped precinct in Peakhurst, providing a fresh and new early childhood service for families in the local area.
Smarties Early Learning Centre’s purpose-built facility will be fitted with high quality, open ended resources that facilitates and reflects the children’s natural desire to play and learn.
Each room has its own outdoor play area that will provide age appropriate physical experiences, while encouraging all children to explore the natural resources on offer. This environment prioritises the day to day care of your child with their education and development being at the fore front of their daily experiences.
Smarties Early Learning Centre will provide excellent facilities and services for children and their families, including:
- Nutritious meals prepared by an in-house cook for healthy growing bodies, including: breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea and late Afternoon tea. A rotating meals menu plan will be provided and visible to all children and families rotating weekly.
- Qualified and caring team of professional Early Childhood Educators focused on preparing your child for their bright and positive future including a preschool school readiness program.
- Large outdoor environments providing plenty of space for children to explore, run and play including world class play equipment to stimulate toddlers and pre-schoolers physically, and support with their social, cognitive and creative development.
- An Interactive kitchen space designed for children to immerse themselves in cooking experiences. Children will enjoy delicious freshly prepared meals in a dining room attached to the interactive kitchen. This will provide children visibility on food service and encourage interaction and allow children to socialise while eating.
- High quality, open ended and age specific educational resources to help further your child’s development.
- Convenient on-site parking.
At Smarties we believe that each child is unique, competent and capable. Our holistic approach to education and care provides children the opportunity to reach their individual potential. Our educational experiences provide a stimulating and supportive environment where your child can develop successful learning practises for life.
We value meaningful and collaborative partnerships between families and educators and aim to create a welcoming environment. Children and families are respected and are actively encouraged to participate in curriculum and care decisions, as families are the first and most influential teacher.
Cultural diversity is respected as children have the right for their identity to be valued. Our program supports inclusion and fosters respect for our local and Indigenous community.
Our educational program is tailored so that learning experiences, resources and daily routines are presented to stimulate each child’s disposition for learning. We provide opportunities for children to foster creative thinking, resilience and curiosity.
Our program is guided by The Early Years Learning Framework and is inspired by the Reggio Emilia approach. Our play-based approach encourages children to naturally explore the environment, while our experienced educators help scaffold this learning to enable the children make sense of the world around them.
We believe that providing time and opportunities for children to understand who they are, helps them to understand their world and their place within it. Our qualified, experienced staff have all the credentials and experience to ensure they deliver these principles in a caring and supportive way.
Each rooms’ indoor and outdoor program is designed, implemented and evaluated to reflect your child’s interests, and meet their individual needs. The educational environments, experiences and routines reflect these interests and needs and are consistently being reflected upon to ensure they are relevant to the interests and needs of the children. Our learning environments prioritises the day to day needs of your child so they can play, discover, and grow.